Our Mission, Values, and Vision
Nurses for Newborns provides a safety net for families most at-risk in order to prevent infant mortality, child abuse and neglect by providing in-home nursing visits which promote healthcare, education, and positive parenting skills.
Families of all babies will receive the healthcare, education and support they need so that every baby will be healthy, safe and nurtured in their home and able to fulfill their full potential.
Nurses for Newborns serves its public by pursuing a values-driven agenda based on Stewardship, Justice, Respect, Integrity and Excellence as implemented by NFN staff, board and volunteers, and as defined below:
- Respect: Interact with the community and the internal team in a way that honors the dignity and importance of each person.
- Stewardship: Maximize the gifts of time, dollars and talents that serve the mission, and to be accountable to these gifts.
- Justice: Serve the community without prejudice and with a commitment to inclusion and support of historically underserved members of its service area, working to end racial, geographic, social and economic inequities.
- Integrity: Hold the trust of those it serves and those who serve as sacred, to act with fidelity to the NFN mission at all times, and to conduct business with transparency to its community, funders and partners.
- Excellence: Employ a rigorous program of continuous quality improvement that incorporates evidence-based practices in all aspects of agency leadership, nursing practice, staffing, policies and procedures.