- Possess an active license to practice in the state of Missouri or Tennessee (depending on which location you’re applying)
- Have 5 years experience in maternal/child health or 3 years experience in NICU/Special Care Nursery
- Have an automobile and current driver’s license and automobile insurance
Nurses for Newborns is seeking a nurse to independently provide in-home nursing visits to pre-natal, postpartum and newborn clients. Follows Clinical Guidelines in planning care, assessing client needs and in determining and utilizing screening tools. Refers clients to community agencies and other resources as appropriate. Completes forms and documentation by entering assessments, screenings, care plans and referrals in electronic database following NFN guidelines. Works with hospitals, physicians, managed care and community agencies to provide care for clients. Locations within MO to be determined and may vary depending upon the needs of NFN.
This position may be either ¾ time (30 hours per week) or F/T.
Qualified candidates must:
Be an RN and possess an active license to practice in the state of Missouri
Have an automobile, current driver’s license and automobile insurance
5 years experience in maternal/child health or 3 years experience in NICU/Special Care Nursery
•Spanish Interpreter – Community Health Worker (Part Time)
The Nurses for Newborns Community Health Worker visits clients in their homes and serves as an advocate, assisting clients and their families in locating resources, obtaining regular medical care and meeting transportation needs. The Community Health Worker supports the Registered Nurse and other team members by following up on care plan goals, educating on home safety, promoting bonding between caregiver and child, and in recognizing and preventing child abuse and neglect. The Community Health Worker represents the agency in community events and by recruiting new clients. We are seeking a person who has excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will be a strong self-motivated individual with excellent organization and planning skills. The person filling this position must be fluent in both English and Spanish. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Requires skill in keyboarding, email and data entry
- Ability to establish a trusting and therapeutic relationship with clients, caregivers and families
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a must
- Strong self-motivation, organization, and planning skills
Nurses for Newborns of TN is seeking an accounting professional to oversee the financial services of the Tennessee office. This includes assisting with budget development, monitoring of cash flow and payment of expenses. The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for invoicing payers and recording financial activities.
- Associate Degree in accounting or a closely related field required
- 1-3 years accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience preferred
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting and budgeting
- High level of analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Skills in excellent customer service, both internal and external
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and handle conflicting priorities and deadlines appropriately
Spanish Interpreter – Community Health Educator
The Nurses for Newborns of TN Spanish Interpreter/CHE for the Spanish Language Community is responsible for the ongoing interpretation of visits, call contacts and any other communication between the nurses or office staff, and the agency’s Spanish speaking clients. Collaborates with the Executive Director, Nursing Director, staff nurses and office staff to meet the needs of our Spanish speaking clients including translation of printed materials. Applicants must have experience with medical translation. Please send resumes to Amanda Peltz.
Click here for a copy of our job application.