Staff Nurse positions open on occasion and sometimes positions are created for new programs. We retain applications/resumes for 90 days. Anyone applying for a Staff Nurse position must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess an active license to practice in the state of Missouri or Tennessee (depending on which location you’re applying)
- Have 5 years experience in maternal/child health or 3 years experience in NICU/Special Care Nursery
- Have an automobile and current driver’s license and automobile insurance
Chief Analytics Officer
The Chief Analytics Officer:
Is responsible for the overall data analysis and research activities of Nurses for Newborns as well as the technology needed to support agency operations.
Works collaboratively with outside entities to gather and publish data that support the NFN model.
Leads the agency quality program, ensuring data validity, identifying trends and recommending process improvements to improve outcomes.
Works with the Technology and Data Coordinator to develop an agency-wide security strategy to ensure that cybersecurity risks are minimized.
This position is a member of the NFN Executive Team and supervises the Technology and Data Coordinator and Research Assistant positions.
The ideal candidate will possess an MPH, Epidemiology MSc or an equivalent degree along with 2-5 years of related experience.
The following skills are required:
Basic knowledge of maternal, child and family health
Basic knowledge of Macintosh hardware and software
Knowledge of research administration, including institutional review board
Proficiency in using SPSS or other statistical analysis software
Effective verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal and presentation skills
Skills in strong research methodology and study design, data analysis and identification of trends
This individual must have the ability to multi-task and handle conflicting priorities and deadlines appropriately and must be flexible in a dynamic work environment
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume and salary requirements directly to: email@example.com
Nurses for Newborns is seeking a nurse to independently provide in-home nursing visits to pre-natal, postpartum and newborn clients. Follows Clinical Guidelines in planning care, assessing client needs and in determining and utilizing screening tools. Refers clients to community agencies and other resources as appropriate. Completes forms and documentation by entering assessments, screenings, care plans and referrals in electronic database following NFN guidelines. Works with hospitals, physicians, managed care and community agencies to provide care for clients. Locations within MO to be determined and may vary depending upon the needs of NFN.
This position may be either ¾ time (30 hours per week) or F/T.
Qualified candidates must:
Be an RN and possess an active license to practice in the state of Missouri
Have an automobile, current driver’s license and automobile insurance
5 years experience in maternal/child health or 3 years experience in NICU/Special Care Nursery
Community Health Worker
Nurses for Newborns is seeking a Community Health Worker (CHW). The CHW is a frontline public health worker who is a trusted member of and/or has a close understanding of the community they serve. The worker serves as a liaison/link intermediary between health services, social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery.
- Visits clients in their homes and closely collaborates with the Registered Nurse within program parameters for provision of services and referrals.
- Supports the Registered Nurse and other team members by following up on care plan goals, educating on home safety, promoting bonding between caregiver and child, and in recognizing and preventing child abuse and neglect.
- Represents the agency in community events and by recruiting new clients.
- Assists with cultural mediation among individuals, communities, health and social service systems.
- Provides culturally appropriate health education and information.
- Provides coaching and social support and advocates for individuals and communities.
- Completes documentation within scheduled deadlines.
- Attends required meetings.
- Conducts community outreach.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with community issues and resources.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Community Health Worker Credentialing a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires skill and accuracy in keyboarding, email and data entry
- Ability to establish a trusting and therapeutic relationship with clients, caregivers and families
- Knowledge of adult and child learning behaviors
- Ability to multitask and work in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a must
- Strong self-motivation, organization, and planning skills
To apply for this position please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurses for Newborns is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, or any other protected status. Nurses for Newborns offers equal opportunity and treatment to all who apply and is committed to diversity.
The Accounting Coordinator handles the daily finance work of the Tennessee office of Nurses for Newborns. This includes assisting with annual budget development, monitoring of cash flow and coding invoices and payment of expenses. The Accounting Coordinator is also responsible for invoicing payers and recording financial activities. In addition to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable this individual should also have experience in General Ledger journal entry preparation and reconciliation. This individual assists with agency fundraising events; through budget development and check out processes.
This position is 20 hours per week.
Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
1-3 years accounting experience
Knowledge of general ledger accounting and budgeting
Experience in using accounting software with functional modules of A/P, A/R, and G/L
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to Amanda Peltz with the subject line “Accounting Coordinator.”