Welcome to Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee
Thank you for your interest in Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee! Our registered nurses make home visits to provide health-care assessments, education and positive parenting skills in effort to prevent infant mortality and child abuse/neglect. Services are provided to new and pregnant mothers and continue through the child’s second birthday.
50 Vantage Way, Suite 101
Nashville, TN 37228
Phone: (615) 313-9989
Toll Free: 1-800-654-7427
Connect with us!
- Tennessee currently ranks 36th in the nation for infant mortality, according to Kids Count 2015.
- Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee is a division of the agency headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
- We are currently serving eight Middle Tennessee counties: Cheatham, Davidson, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson.
- In fiscal year 2018, we provided about 1,600 home visits to families.
- Money raised in Tennessee stays in Tennessee.
In an average week in Tennessee*:
- 1,569 babies are born
- 169 are born preterm
- 140 are born low birth weight (less than 5.5 lbs)
- 10 babies pass away before reaching their first birthday
*Retrieved from March of Dimes PeriStats, January 2017