Welcome to Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee
Thank you for your interest in Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee! Our registered nurses make home visits to provide health-care assessments, education and positive parenting skills in effort to prevent infant mortality and child abuse/neglect. Services are provided to new and pregnant mothers and can continue through the child’s second birthday.
At Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee, we recognize the significant public health crisis we are all facing as a result of COVID-19. With updates being released daily, we want to let you know that the health, well-being, and safety of our clients, volunteers, donors, and staff remain our top priority. It is because of this concern that we want to share the following:
- Our offices are temporarily closed to the public. Our dedicated staff and nurses continue to support clients by working from home and via telecommunications visits. Our office phone and fax are available during normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. NFN is continuing to accept referrals.
- We are currently not accepting in-kind donations of any kind until further notice.
If you missed our Night for Newborns Online program on April 18th then here’s your chance to watch the full replay with an additional performance from a long-time supporter and friend to NFN, Holly Williams. This is a great opportunity to learn all about Nurses for Newborns and catch some great musical performances from Dierks Bentley, Cole Taylor, Jerry Flowers, Jacob Davis, Tim Halperin, and Bekah Joel. Click here to watch!
Stay Connected with Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee
- Become a monthly partner by texting NFNBABIES to 44321 or visiting our donation page.
- Sign up for our newsletter here.
- Register your Kroger Plus card to benefit Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee through the free Kroger Community Rewards Program.
- Volunteer in our office to sort donated items.
- Serve on our Advisory Board. Contact our Executive Director, Amanda Peltz Dennison, if interested.
- Follow us on social media through the links below!
Current Mailing Address:
PO Box 434
Nolensville, TN 37135
Phone: (615) 313-9989
Toll Free: 1-888-654-7427
- Tennessee currently ranks 36th in the nation for infant mortality, according to Kids Count 2015.
- Nurses for Newborns of Tennessee is a division of the agency headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
- We are currently serving eight Middle Tennessee counties: Cheatham, Davidson, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, and Williamson.
- In fiscal year 2018, we provided about 1,600 home visits to families.
- Money raised in Tennessee stays in Tennessee.
- 1,569 babies are born
- 169 are born preterm
- 140 are born low birth weight (less than 5.5 lbs)
- 10 babies pass away before reaching their first birthday
*Retrieved from March of Dimes PeriStats, January 2017