How to Receive Services
Referrals are processed Monday through Friday from 8:30 to 5:00pm.
Who We Serve
Nurses for Newborns strives to serve any family who needs support around the arrival of their baby, including:
- Infants with medical concerns or who were in a NICU at birth
- Pregnant and post-partum women of any age, including teens
- Parents who have a mental health concern or a learning or physical disability
- Families who want to learn parenting skills
- Families who are in need of resources
To be eligible for services, individuals must reside in one of the counties served by NFN.
Referring is easy! Contact the NFN Intake Department:
You can call (314) 544-3433 during business hours.
Self-referrals are accepted.
Intake: (314) 544-3433 x315
To be eligible for services, individuals must reside in one of the eight counties served by NFN (Cheatham, Davidson, Maury, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, or Williamson).
In addition individuals must meet one of three criteria:
- Teen Mothers – 19 years old or younger
- Babies who are medically fragile (Babies born prematurely or spent time in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, babies who have health concerns like heart issues, down’s syndrome or are diagnosed as having failure to thrive)
- Mothers who have intellectual or medical/mental health challenges
In Tennessee, we do not accept self referrals.
Referrals should be made by a healthcare provider, social worker, case manager or other social services provider. We ask that you utilize our agency form to submit a referral. (Click here to download a copy) The form can be faxed to (615) 313-9979.
Since this is not considered secure email, please do not include any personal, client, or confidential information.